Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help bought a mig&dithced the flux core
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:36 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

need help bought a mig&dithced the flux core

So I just went & bought a auto arc 130 made by hobart its the same as the miller auto arc 130 or millermatic from what I was told.I'm gonna be using this only for body panels..its funny the other day I posted how for two years now Ive been using the flux core for my body panels and was wondering if I should upgrade.Well the following day the metal on this body was so thin data kept blowing holes through it.Ended up pulling the whole fender and I'm just going to replace it but besides that means something that would weld thinner stuff.
Ok will hear are my questions even know the booklet calls for traditional gauges this thing comes with the a fixed flow regulator kit.. well you gotta buy a separate but you get what I mean.Is is there anything I should know about this?Also I have .030 tips&wire. but can't find .024 tips&wire the guy @ cee Kay recommend it .023 so I got some well that we're good for welding thinner stuff? Or should I stick with the .030?Also as I'm new to using the bottle to I go wide open?Also isn't there a way to add a gauge so I can tell when I'm low?I bought a c02 argon set of gauges just incase