Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help on brake pedal assembly
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
StudebakerDean

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I realize the piston needs to be pushed. cape cod bob I think realized what I am trying to accomplish. I bought roughly the 28-31 for assembly from the website link to place under neath the truck. well the trans cross member is in the way. So I mounted support metal on the front and inside drivers side of the firewall to support the booster and m cyl. the issue is now the install will be backwards. I have the booster mounted to the firewall w/ the master cyl in front of it. The piston comes through the firewall high and towards the drivers door. so I imagine theres a fulcrum type assemble to mount for a pedal to push the piston. My issue will be the piston comes through around 4" and its no where near where a conventional brake pedal would be. I've got approx. a foot between the piston and the gas pedal at the hump. I didnt think photos would help as I just need to see when pushing down the brake pedal what contraption to the left of the pedal pushes the piston?
im doing a 50 stude truck body, on a s10 frame front, 2x4 steel tube rear frame. 350 w/ auto trans. trans cross member is exactly where the unit I bought should have been installed.