Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help on brake pedal assembly
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
StudebakerDean

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

cobalt, the photo of the master / booster at the bottom of your post is exactly what I have, pedal and all. my booster (the gold part) has the piston coming out of it in pretty much the same direction the photo shows on your post. my booster is bolted flush to the firewall and the piston comes through into the cab.
id say the piston sticks into the cab about 4" and is approx. one foot towards the drivers door and one foot high for where the pedal would have come through the floor on a standard frame install. so I need a pedal assembly, that I can push the pedal and ...... (some mysterious voodoo occurs)..... and the piston gets depressed over where its at. crazy question. can master go against the frame and make booster and piston point forward? would be quite a distance away though...

evolvo, I considered creating the "set way back" master/booster on the frame deal and running a rod through the cross member to the piston, but decided against it because the rod in my case would have been well over a foot long, and I was afraid of it bending when slammed on in an emergency, and frame mounted that far back left no way to fill the master w/ fluid, as the Master would be directly under the gas tank. . I can take photos tonight if necessary, but everyone seems on the same page now.

im not commited any way on assemble. I did create plates in and out to hold the brake parts, but no harm done to go a different way. i do have an issue up in the firewall config. im hitting the steering shaft, so i have ot re-drill the firewall holds slightly over towards the dr door. i only need an 1/8"