Need help with buying an industrial sewing machine. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need help with buying an industrial sewing machine.

Hi all,

I need some help with buying an industrial sewing machine. I'm a one person business where I make and sell professional decorative pillows and hand bags out of home upholstery fabrics, canvas/ duct cloth, leather, and fleece interfacing with zipper closures. What type of machine would you recommend I get? I would really like a machine where I can sew with these materials as well as, sew in my zippers.

I have been told that I should get a walking foot machine with a servo motor. I have also been guided towards a new Seiko STH-8BLD-3 for $1250 plus $100 to add the servo motor, and $100 to buy the left and right zipper feet to make it a total of $1450. If you scroll down between half way and 3/4 of the page you can see the details of this machine at this link http://www.miamisewing.com/specials/canvas.htm Is this what I should be getting and is this a good price?

They also have a Juki DNU1541 for $1300 I'm not sure if there's extra for the servo motor for this one and assume that the left and right zipper feet are total of $100 as well. Is this what I should be getting and is this a good price?
If you scroll sown about 1/4 way down the page you can see the details of this Juke 1541 at this link http://www.miamisewing.com/specials/canvas.htm

I was already to go down to this store this thursday... June 23, 2011.. to test out the Seiko with a servo motor, but I have some concerns about the store and if they are selling me the right equipment. A DIFFERENT store that I talked to said that the Juki 1541 is a better machine, BUT I should be getting the Juki 1541(S) with the clutch AND servo motor together. I was under the impression that it was an either or situation, not both. Can anyone clarify this for me.

Help I don't understand, every store that I have talked to gives me different information! Can anyone recommend exactly what I should be getting and who's reliable to buy it from. I seem to be going around and around with used car salesmen.

If you need to see more of my work to get an idea... I do want to add leather to my work now but it's not included in these pieces... go to this link www.PierroStudios.etsy.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacque

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Jac, this may qualify as advertising (which is against the rules) but if you will post this question in the "Interior Thread" you will probably get more qualified viewers. Matter of fact there is a "Read Me" thread there about sewing machines.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 PM

oop, sorry, I'm new to posting here. I'll give it another try.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Not to worry - - - when you get time, you might want to read the "Guidelines"
Hotrodders Bulletin Board Guidelines
We were all new at one time and have made our share of mistakes. Good Luck
Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Welcome to the site.

Cole
Old 06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hello and welcome!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.