need help with carb hookup (trans cable) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
I smell like a hotrod!

Last journal entry: windshield
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

need help with carb hookup (trans cable)

Ok I think I have something in the wrong place. I am trying to hookup the trans cable which is circled in red (TV cable??). I have an arrow to the place my throttle cable hooks up.

Where does the trans cable hookup? Do I need to move my spring from the front of the engine to the big loop?

One more question the trans cable still has the little black clip on it is there a better suggestion to attach this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay1019 033.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	3179  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2004, 06:36 PM

TV Cable

Your TV cable needs to go on the bottom where you have the spring. Your probably going to have to find a old carb to get the stud that goes in the hole for the TV cable. I know Corvette America sells the stud for about $4.00. It works on all. I would hook that spring to the hole under the throttle cable, but attach the other end toward the front of the intake.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

You have to make sure it works correctly or your tranny will fly south for the winter.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

The TV cable studs should be available at most speed shops. I think Edelbrock makes them.

The TV cable should be on the bottom where you have your spring now. Check your manual for adjustment, you didn't say what kind of trans you have. If it's a 700R4 or 200R4, they are very touchy and have to be adjusted correctly. Otherwise, they either don't shift or shift too soon.

The throttle return spring should be moved to the upper part of your linkage and go forward. There's all kinds of set-ups for sale or you can just make a small bracket and mount on the front intake bolt.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:06 PM

Last photo:

If you are running a TH350, use the hole that you have the return spring hooked to. If you are using a 700R4, or a 200-4R, shame on you if you use that hole...........The geometry is wrong for a TV operated trans. Dan
Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 PM
I smell like a hotrod!

Last journal entry: windshield
Last photo:

thanks guys.....tranny is a th350
I have not looked where it attatches to the trans. is there adjusment on that end?

The engine and trans came from a car I was driving, and I took it out about 500 miles after the tranny was rebuilt. The carb and manifold are different now (it had a quadrajet before).

If there is some adjustment that I will need to be doing what will I be looking for when adjusting (if adjustable)?

Last edited by RodFather; 11-29-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Engine Builder Mentee

You older gentlemen correct me if I am wrong with my following statement, but I ran into the same problem last weekend and as far as adjustment, there is none at the tranny end, only at the carb end. I was told by my friends father who happens to be a tranny guy that you should adjust it so that full pull of the TV cable is at WOT. You should be able to adjust it via the little pop-up clip deal where your throttle cable and tv cable clip in to the little bracket on the manifold or back carb studs. I did it this way, and it works fine.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.