Hot Rod Forum banner

need help for choosing a cam

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  chevrolet327 
#1 ·
ok my set up is 327 11-1 domed piston camel hump fully ported aftermarket rod
performer rpm intake manual transmission. the problem is the cam i have is a summit 1105 cam 224/234 duration and 465/488 lift the cam run very well but idle is like stock engine . im looking for cam with similar spec but very rough idle
can a put more agressive cam on this little 327 :confused:

#4 ·
chevrolet327 said:
performer rpm intake manual transmission. the problem is the cam i have is a summit 1105 cam 224/234 duration and 465/488 lift the cam run very well but idle is like stock engine . im looking for cam with similar spec but very rough idle
A great old school radical cam is the Isky Z-60 grind.

#7 ·
Go with a comp xtreme energy cam similar size or a comp magnum cam. You will get a little lopey idle but still get good vacuum. If all else fails get the comp thumpr flat tappet cam but the previous ones will give you better horsepower and torque. It will give you a nice choppy idle and not be too much problems. If you go with anything bigger expect some carb tunning headaches.
Eric

#12 ·
chevrolet327 said:
You could do it the cheap way,put a manual choke on it and pull it out a ways and it will sound choppy then push it in when you want it to run decent. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.