Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help choosing a cam. SBC 350
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Or listen to people who have done it, built it, cruised it, raced it....as opposed to calling someone with a product to peddle.....that's the drawback to calling edelbrock, sure, you can buy a top end package, which is exactly what their going to reccomend, or you can mix and match, spend time and effort, not money, on something you did yourself with a little help from "real" people who understand budget and reality.....

Sounds great for the soap box but its not to difficult to find a cam for a mostly stock 350 in a heavy car.

Really... cruised it, built it, raced it. You think you might have went a little far on that one....

When you get done researching all the stuff that guy said you will have a cam very close to the performer cam from edelbrock.

Top end kit is not really needed in this case its for street use only.

FYI: I called edelbrock a few years back for a cam i liked. they told me it would not work well. The guy i spoke with told me to call Lunati or comp. Glad they told me not to buy from them. Lobe center was way off and wasnt listed in the catalog.

grandslam1991:

Be sure to read up on cam break in proceedures these days they have changed and its very important to follow them 100%. If they say to do it then do it. You will be much happier no matter what cam you choose.