Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help choosing a cam. SBC 350
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Old & Furious
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Or listen to people who have done it, built it, cruised it, raced opposed to calling someone with a product to peddle.....that's the drawback to calling edelbrock, sure, you can buy a top end package, which is exactly what their going to reccomend, or you can mix and match, spend time and effort, not money, on something you did yourself with a little help from "real" people who understand budget and reality.....

Sounds great for the soap box but its not to difficult to find a cam for a mostly stock 350 in a heavy car.

Really... cruised it, built it, raced it. You think you might have went a little far on that one....

When you get done researching all the stuff that guy said you will have a cam very close to the performer cam from edelbrock.

Top end kit is not really needed in this case its for street use only.

FYI: I called edelbrock a few years back for a cam i liked. they told me it would not work well. The guy i spoke with told me to call Lunati or comp. Glad they told me not to buy from them. Lobe center was way off and wasnt listed in the catalog.

Be sure to read up on cam break in proceedures these days they have changed and its very important to follow them 100%. If they say to do it then do it. You will be much happier no matter what cam you choose.