Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help choosing a cam. SBC 350
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Sounds great for the soap box but its not to difficult to find a cam for a mostly stock 350 in a heavy car.

Really... cruised it, built it, raced it. You think you might have went a little far on that one....

When you get done researching all the stuff that guy said you will have a cam very close to the performer cam from edelbrock.

Top end kit is not really needed in this case its for street use only.

FYI: I called edelbrock a few years back for a cam i liked. they told me it would not work well. The guy i spoke with told me to call Lunati or comp. Glad they told me not to buy from them. Lobe center was way off and wasnt listed in the catalog.

grandslam1991:

Be sure to read up on cam break in proceedures these days they ha
ve changed and its very important to follow them 100%. If they say to do it then do it. You will be much happier no matter what cam you choose.
You could count my experience on one hand, and even then, I'm far more hack then most people, my tongue and cheek reference was actually to the people on this site, you will find a myriad of people who have done it all.......and while I'm not bashing edelbrock products, I use them myself, I was stating they are still a buisness, and want, and need to sell their product, but I am glad you weren't one of those people that got advice they didn't need