Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help with choosing the right combination..
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
car novice..sad but true.

Wiki Edits: 0

so are you guys saying that the AFR 180cc SBC Eliminator Street Heads and the magnum 286HR i suggested in my last post are a good choice? as for the transmission im goin to buy another 700r4 cause i cracked the case when i was pulling the engine..and plus a mechanic told me that my trans was flaring in 1st and 2nd anyways...but i was thinking about ordering the 700r4 and having them change up the stock convertor to something different..but i dont know which one....the suspension..well i dont really know what i should look at getting..what do you guys suggest...the same goes for the cooling system....and the rearend..with that when i called up compcams with a setup i was thinking of getting before...a tech suggested...i change the stall convertor to like a 2000 and change the rearend gears to 3.73... so i might take the stock 2.73 gears and change them to 3.73..id like to hear what you guys think..