Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help with a couple things ign/transBrake/delay box/line lock type stuff
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need help with a couple things ign/transBrake/delay box/line lock type stuff

So I bought a basket case project 81 chevy pro street truck , The guy I bought it from tryed to wire it but Its a mess and so poorly done I just gutted it to start over . I Have never had a delay box or trans brake so im unsure what to do with it ?

Does a Trans brake just need 12v + ? how many amps ? just relay and fire it off of shifter button or another way ?

Delay box does what exactly ? Its a "denenbar" sorry if i spelt it wrong Im sure its a common brand that im not spelling right . Does it have anything to do tbrake or nos ?

Truck had a msd 6a he said but he fried it so a buddy gave him a not so great HEI Dizzy , My plans are to run a new MSD dizzy and 6al with selectable rev limit module and rpm activated switch for NOS 100 shot or ? or should I run something else ? plan on a blower down the road or spray it once and a while in the near future

OK so the line lock is wired to the fuel pump so its on when fuel pump is on , I would assume again this is wrong and I use a relay but the line lock is on the rear brake lines and im unsure if thats right as well

Thanks for any and all help , I solder and heat shrink and take pride in my work and dont cut corners and will post pics as I go