need help deciding on project car - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
GothRod87

Wiki Edits: 0

need help deciding on project car

Ok recently ive been looking for something diffrent to hotrod out and use as my driver...what I decided im real intrested in is the amc amx and the amc javelin....i found one for a good price..I just wanted to make sure this is a good deal cause normally im a hardcore chevy man but i wanted something thats diffrent from the pack....Its a 1972 amc javelin with a v6...it turns over but wont fire from what i was told....needs some body work but all amcs do...the floors were patched with fiberglass and its got a new interior...the seats arnt in it and there aint no carpet in it right now either.....the other modification that was done was they swapped the low end javelin doorpanels for the sst door panels....taking all this into consideration..would you give 800 for it? my other question how hard would it be to transplant a chevy heart into it with a turbo 350? but is it worth 800 tho? thanks,
BRandon

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Keep it all AMC. They have more potential than most folks realize you can get from the #4 auto maker. I owned a 1959 Rambler Ambassador back in the early 60's, with a 327ci, Holley 4 bl, 4spd automatic tranny and limited slip dif. I was amazed at the power it had. I street raced a bit back then and surprised a few Chevy and Ford owners. I don't do that anymore, now that I'v grown up and over the years had it pounded into my head that racing other than on a track is a stupid thing to do. Check out the AMC forum, ask questions.

Al

BTW they have all unitized bodies and unless it is rusted beyond safe repair, I would say yes it is worth $800. but I would try to get a lower price. Javelins and AMX's are a little rare now since they are no longer a production vehicle.
just my .02

Last edited by Gr8 '48 bow tie; 03-09-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:51 AM
GothRod87

yup

na it aint badly rusted..im actually planning on removing the redneck foor patching and put new pans in...as for the v6 if i can find one id like to put the amc 401 in it....the body aint that rusteits just scracted up and primed in a couple of diffrent spots..when i buy it im probably gonna finish cloning it into a SST...thats why i want the 401...what i aint figured out if its the posi rear which considering its a v6 im pretty sure it aint tho...but ill definently check out the forom..thanks grade8,
GOTHROD
Old 03-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothrod87
what i aint figured out if its the posi rear which considering its a v6 im pretty sure it aint tho...but ill definently check out the forom..thanks grade8,
GOTHROD
Put a Ford 9" in it, AMC used enough different Ford/GM/Chrysler parts back then that nobody except the AMC Hardcore would know if it's correct or not.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.