Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help figuring out setting up rocker arm geometry
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:57 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreak1976 View Post
the cam specs ; intake: cam lift.370 valve lift .629// exhaust: .374-v .636 with a 108 lobe center 83 deg overlap. this is a solid flat tappet cam, new with new lifters running a timing gear at 0 deg timing marks. ( stock marks ) pic one is of set up of no.1 ex valve @ zero lash, #2 pic is of full open and shows the problem how its coming out of the cup. #3 is of the lifter sweep at 4 full revolutions. i had to push it back into place so it didn't pop out of the arm cup. ive tryed this at many differnt push rod lengths to get a near center this is the closest that ive gotten to center for the sweep.
i dont want to grind into the rocker arm if all possible, but i have yet to find any other solution at this time, when it poped out earlyer i got out some feeler gauges and a .0120 sliped in ther so i figure at about .0240 that should give enough clearence if i have to grind on it. what ya think.
Your first problem is that your setting it up wrong, forget about the "centered pattern" you want th smallest pattern. You'll either need lash caps or shorter pushrods to get that.

Your pushrods are too long.

Your rocker arms could be way wrong too but id start with a much shorter pushrod.