need help figuring out setting up rocker arm geometry - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rocker arm geometry

I checked the Manley website. The stock 351C push-rod is 8.400 long for hyd lift cam. Another forum said solid lift cams use 8.500 length push-rods. This is a 5/16 x .080 heavy wall diameter. It is a starting point for your push-rod checker. Take a black marker color the valve tip. Setup push-rod checker and roller rocker arms. Then spin the roller to leave a witness mark. It should be near center towards front of valve tip. Not dead center. After getting the correct length that leaves this mark as said measure push-rod checker. Another thing you may want to check into a set of Crane Gold roller rockers.

Advertisement

Last edited by cdminter59; 08-01-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ok, for those that are interested in this post still i have officially found out the problem
I was told to call comp to get the specs and measurements of the rocker arm to check if they were possibly boxed wrong. and while talking to the tech, the reason the push rods were coming out of the seating cup, was the type of rocker i was trying to run was a cast aluminum stock replacement, and that being said, the thickness of the metal around the main bearing trenion had to be thicker, which is fine for stock, but i was told that they would nt have have held the 440 open spring pressure nor the lift that im using. so back to summit they went and im going with some scorpion roller rockers. the specs match up fine. and im told i should be really happy with the switch out. so for anyone that might have the same problem, take the time and call the company of the part your getting, summit doesn't know any specs unless provided by the company that makes the product. and most rocker arm companys dont post this with summit do your home work. and for the price, scorps will work great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.