Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help finding dual master cylinder
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 11:10 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

helrazr & willys, thanks!

what I want is to stick with my drum brakes, and unfortunately every dual master cylinder kit I've seen in magazines, catalogs, & websites comes with a disc conversion kit.

Also, I have to admit that I don't know what a rebuildable core is. I would personally never trust myself to do anything as important as a brake job without help.

As long as I'm coming clean about humbling truths about myself, I am one of those guys who basically only knows enough to change my own oil.

I replaced the head gaskets on my '79 buick in high school and that was about the most complicated project I ever tackled. I did some work on my exhaust with a hack saw. The less said about that the better. I helped my girlfriend's family with a bit of engine and transmission work, but I was just the dumb lackey who followed instructions.

I was slowly learning some heavy duty wrenching, from the girlfriend's dad, but then she left me, and my '70 stang got stolen, and I lost my interest in hot rodding for about fifteen years. Now I'm older, and i want to learn again, but now I spend too much time working!

Gosh I wish I had back all that free time from when I was 19...