Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help with first 383 build
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry about not replying. Been a little busy. I just got the block back from the machine shop, they bored it .030 over but there was still a problem in the #2 cylinder so it went to .040. So looks like it'll be a 385. They also ground the deck down because it was in bad shape. He said he took .015" off, which should leave me around 9.010" deck. I didn't tell them to zero deck it because I didn't know what exactly I was putting in yet. After looking into the kit that my87z recommended, I decided to go with the Eagle kit. But I was thinking this one:

Eagle Specialty Products B13054L040 - Eagle Street and Strip Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I think they're the same except balance type. With this, I should have .002" clearance. And also, I expecting around 9.68:1 CR. But that was assuming 64cc with the vortechs. So if they're not 64cc, that kind of sucks. I was looking for like 9.3-9.7 CR. I'll definitely look into those heads, my87z. Thanks.

Quote:
I would also recomend you jump to a slightly larger cam
Now about the cam, I see that the lift numbers are a little bigger on the Lunati and that the adv and .050 duration is larger on the Crane. But in comparing those 2, what set the Crane one above the Lunati to you? Just curious.