Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help flange tool/lap welds &cutting straight panels.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Thanks all for all of the wonderful info.I've been doing butt welds in for awhile,cab corneres,rockeres etc.I think I'm gonna buy tht flange&punch tool.
There's three flange tools to get .The air flanger/punch, The hand flanger made from a pair of vice grips, these are great for straight stuff but what about flanging a curved surface,say a 55-57 headlight bucket or something similar?
for that theres a special flanger that has two wheels and you turn it with a ratchet wrench kinda like a can opener works the round wheels wont flatten the curve and you can also have round corners...if using a ratchet takes to long you can use an air ratchet to speed things up.
Everyones heard of the old saying "measure twice cut once"
my saying is "dont measure unless you have too"...
I'll show you some of my tricks (when I have more time) for getting perfect fitting patches without any measuring at all, its simple and FAST but most important a perfect fit every time...You WILL need a sharpie.....