Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help flange tool/lap welds &cutting straight panels.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,166 Times in 1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Thanks I always butt weld but it seems like it has its place.I first noticed em@harbor freight then eastwood &eastwood&hf stuff seems to be the exact same tools just with a diffrent label.Anyways ill grab one of each that they have
Harbor freight has VERY few quality tools made by quality manufacturers like Eastwood would have. I have bought a lot of these sort of tools from Eastwood and they were all high quality. I think the ratio is exactly flip flop with the two. About 80-90% of Eastwood is high quality with 10-20 being poor, Harbor freight is flipped with the 80-90 being poor. They sell COPIES of quality tools, made poorly is generally what I have found. I seriously doubt that any tool is the same as found elsewhere with simply a different name on it, it is a cheap copy of that other one, that's all.

Every time I post this opinion I get a bunch of people telling me I am wrong but then post their opinion and it's the same as mine! Yes I have bought a few that performed well for what I wanted, my air stapler that I bought to do my convertible top, it performed perfectly and I saved a lot of money. On the flip side the "impact" sockets I bought were absolutely worthless. I don't buy much there because what I see is junk, so I can't do a review on the junk I didn't buy. I say spend the money on quality tools that you have any idea you will be using for years, or that you want to perform at a high level, it's money well spent.

Brian