Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help in getn to a 6k shift point drag race for blower car
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoaz View Post
Wow i didnt think it would be this much drama with 5lbs of boost. Do you guys think i can keep the cam? I really like it and it is a niitrous cam profile from herbert? It sounds like the converter is toast. Will look into hughes there around the corner. Do you think i can stay in the 6000 shift point range with change of gear and converter. I wonder what size convter they will recommend.thxs guys i think i just made some new friends happy holidays.
Providing it's the converter causing the slippage, a tighter converter spec'ed to your engine will make all the difference and will let you shift at 6000 rpm if you so choose. But like I said, the cam's powerband is higher than 6000 rpm, so expect the et to not be as good as it could be. Still ought to be stout, though.

If you plan to limit the engine to 6000 rpm, there are better cams- it's too big to limit it like that.

Good luck and keep us posted. Hughes is a good company.