Hot Rod Forum banner

Need help on getting a new Master Cylinder

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jason1Pa 
#1 ·
Im working on the familys 38 Chevy Coupe. I had to remove the old brake lines to make way for a new Power rack and pinion (Long Story) Anyway after I put two new brake lines on I have a dead peddle. I mean nothing. Both front and back. When I go to blead them there is no pressure at all that comes out. Just a steady little stream of fluid. No air..

I guess its the master cylinder. After removal just to see what I got I did notice a lot of rusty crap on the inside. Sure it had something to do wth the failure?? Anyway here are some pictures of what it looks like. The major thing I noticed when on line looking for new one they all seem to have 3/8 fittings on the brake lines. Well only one (front line) has a 3/8 inverted flare and the back line is a 7/16 inverted flare. Please dont tell me I'm going to need to change everything including the proportioning valve cause its a 7/16 as well.. Are there some kinds of adapters I can use?? Here are some pictures. They can maybe explain way better then I can. I'd like to find a new master cylinder just like this one,but havnt seen one. Is this a GM by any chance? Any other things I need to know that you can think of? Thanks guys. Kind of new to the whole car thing. I normally restore antique tractors..

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.