Need help identifying this spindle please - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM

Last journal entry: Gunked up 454 water jacket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Need help identifying this spindle please

Hey guys. This particular spindle is on my Geo Tracker which has a straight front axle. Trying to figure out what type of spindle it is so I can order disc brakes for it.

Here are a couple of pics and the outer bearing has "Bower 09067 USA" written on it if that helps. I also have just about any measurement you could want on it if you need them to help identify the spindle.

Also wanted to know if you guys think the king pin has c-clips at the top and / or the bottom to help hold it in. I took out the retaining bolt for the king pin and it would not budge after banging it with a hammer. Guessing it has retaining clips but wanted to ask you guys. Couldn't really tell through the white paint.

I think it's a Ford spindle of some sort but not certain. Any help is much appreciated....

Quasi head on view of spindle

Top view looking at spindle / axle assembly

Looking at the axle / spindle assembly from the back side (king pin retaining bolt has been removed)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 AM

Last photo:

i believe the little wedge bolt is the only thing holding them in place. they night be anglia spindles you will have to mic them to find out what size and compair ....anglia's are smaller the 37 ford
Old 02-19-2012, 07:21 AM

Last photo:

spindle

i believe if u go on "speedway" web site they have pic's of a few spindles u can compare.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 AM

Last photo:

Very similar to early Ford Econoline. The pinch bolt and rust is the only thing that holds the pin. The clips or "O"-ring only hold the dirt/grease cover or seal the end.

Most king pins require heat to remove. Rust and age set them in the axle real well.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneooo
i believe the little wedge bolt is the only thing holding them in place. they night be anglia spindles you will have to mic them to find out what size and compair ....anglia's are smaller the 37 ford
Thanks Wayne. I have a bunch of different measurements on the spindle. I will just call Speedway tomorrow and see if they have what I need.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill
i believe if u go on "speedway" web site they have pic's of a few spindles u can compare.
Thanks Bill. I will call Speedway tomorrow and hopefully they can get me hooked up.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com
Very similar to early Ford Econoline. The pinch bolt and rust is the only thing that holds the pin. The clips or "O"-ring only hold the dirt/grease cover or seal the end.

Most king pins require heat to remove. Rust and age set them in the axle real well.
Thanks Bob. You are always very helpful. I thought they might be Ford spindles due to my research on the outer bearing. My neighbor also said I might have to heat up the spindle to remove the king pin if I have to go that far. Hopefully, Speedway will have a disk brake for this spindle and I can leave it all together. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.