Hot Rod Forum banner

need help installing trim moldings on a 65 ss impala

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
I am restoring a 65 impala ss and I bought the car with all the outer trim moldings off so I dont know how to reinstall them I just painted the car and was in need of help does anyone out there have a video showing how to reinstall the trim?would really appreciate the help.

#2 ·
Get yourself an Impala parts book like year one or goodmark to see how the different mouldings attach and to order new clips...The body side mouldings bolt on ,the windshield snaps on and you need a tool to remove the windshield trim ...hopfully someone that knew what they were doing took it apart and didnt destroy all the trim removing it..

#3 ·
65ss396 said:
I am restoring a 65 impala ss and I bought the car with all the outer trim moldings off so I dont know how to reinstall them I just painted the car and was in need of help does anyone out there have a video showing how to reinstall the trim?would really appreciate the help.
Exactly what moulding? There are many different ones on that car that are attached many different ways. Post some photos if you can, I doubt there are any videos (if that is even needed) but we can walk you thru it if you give us some clues as to what you have, what mouldings and what clips and attachment stuff you have.

Brian

#4 ·
IIRC, the 65 didn't have body side mldgs [those came in 66] , just hood & trunk , glass reveal, rocker panel [some models] badging- most were "T" bolt mounted except for frt &rear glass that used a stud mount clip , all pretty straight-forward.

pics of what you're doing would certainly help!!

dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.