Need help with mustang - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2001, 04:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question Need help with mustang

I could use some infenite knowledge. I really dont know what to put into my mustang for ponies. What would be the right engine/tranny and gears for such a car. I just bought this '67 coupe and its my first project car. I could use as much help as poss. on this thing, from exterior to interior. anyone?? :p

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2001, 03:42 PM

they came with 289s and 390s and just about any ford V8 will fit 302/5L are the most common but everybody has one of them, a 460 would be exotic but also destructive, 390/428s are getting scarce, my choice would be 351W plenty of power and a wide choice of horse power merchandise and will fit with no problem and give room to work on it... for the tranny 4spds are nice if you can find one at a good price but for an auto I'd go with a C4 or FMX the C6 takes about 45hp to run it a shift kit and stall converter around 2200 with a set of 355 gears would make a fun street machine, just my thoughts.I have a 67coupe but needs to be done, basically a project but no time for it right now
Old 12-25-2001, 02:50 AM

How about a 302 block(easy to come by) with some 289 heads? The 289 heads are great especially when you bore out the block .030. I helped a friend of mine do this in his 69 coupe, and the thing was unreal! The big blocks are tight fit in that engine compartment.
Make sure to check your shock towers for cracks, it's common and could be a problem.
Interior looks awesome original, and plenty of parts out there. Good luck!

Keith
Outlaw Motorsports

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.