Need Help with PAINT -- Black Cherry - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 08:31 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need Help with PAINT -- Black Cherry

Can anyone assist me? I am going to be spraying the car in the next couple of weeks and am looking to do a black cherry. I have been to the Sherwin williams and they really do not have a predefined mix for Black Cherry..

Can some one guide the misguided and help me get the right stuff? PPG or any other would be fine.

THanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

All paint co. have black cherry it`s a cry. color, and very popular.
There should be no problem.

Troy
Old 09-02-2003, 11:58 AM

lack cherry paint

I painbted my pick up Black Cherry a while back. It was a Chrysler color. I can not remember the application year though. When I got through the paint looked more like brown cherry I was very dissatisfied. I am going to re-paint with House of Color. They do not have a pre-mixed color but their tech group will tell you how to get the color you want. It entails a base coat of black an intermediate coat of Brandywine and clear finish. Costly but beautiful.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:34 PM

paint bikes everday black cherry is black base coat with candy color over top. i did one of my own bikes with burple over the top instead of brandywine. red over black base is another excellant color. lots of candies available thru HOK House of Kolor PPG is very close & little cheaper. other brands do tri coat which is their transparent =translucent paint on top of dark base. look at black pearl for base coat to give a little flash in right light. not pushing my webpage ART4URHOG.com has bike section with green on black base to give effect of alligator skin. see ya jw
Old 09-22-2003, 10:53 AM

Corvette and Cadillac have an optional color in 2002 and forward which is called Dark Cherry. You should be able to find it in any standard brand of automotive finish. You can spray it over black base or over a gold base. The gold will give it more highlighs in sun whereas the black will result in a nearly black paint if in the shade. The truck you see in the avatar is spayed over the gold.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Go through House of color. Use there candy base coat line, color name, Wild Cherry Two to three coats of this and you will be supremely satified, I personally love the color. Its somewhat mettallic, so if you rather a smooth glass opaque look do as the gentlman before suggest as lay down a black base with a true wild cherry candy then top coat with clear. The candy base coat line will give the depth of candy and is much easier to spray and match.
HK

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.