Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help please with an electrical headake
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 08:08 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need help please with an electrical headake

Just got a 86 F150 Ford pickup truck recently that has a 300-6 engine in it, the truck runs fine but now the thing has a slow drain on the battery. The truck would not start the next day,so i put a new battery in it and would start fine for about a day or two and run down again. Well after charging the battery back up and installing a new alturnater,the truck started fine for a day or two and ran down again.Took the new alturnater to have it checked out and it was fried, so i got another one and another battery and the truck start's fine, but while in the prossesssss of puttin the battery hot wire on the post the horn went off an would not stop untill it was unpluged, and the battery went down again for wich i think is because of a slow drain on the battery. Not sure were to start looking for the short, So before something end's up going thru the windshield by no folt of mine (lol) could somebody lend some brain cell's please.