Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help please Painters
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:52 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need help please Painters

hello,
Been lurking the forums reading as much as i can to educate myself on how to paint. I followed all the advice with my prep work and everything was going well. Then I purchesed some paint from O'rielly's..... This was my first paint job so I had no idea the paint I was about to spray onto my perfect primer job was total garbage. I baught some chromabase paint and mixed it 1:1 with a reducer/activater. I pored it through a filter and was suprised that it stoped straining because the filter was clogged. I had to change filters four times to get one pint of paint in my cup. Well being the newb I am I had no clue that was not normal. Just figured thats why u filter it like an idiot. Well when I went to go paint my parts I sprayed air then took a tac cloth to each part to double make sure there was no debris left on the parts. I sprayed the paint and there is a ton of debris being sprayed along with the paint. I am not sure what it is. Its a grey gunk that was in the paint. When you rub it between your fingers its almost like bondo without the hardner. If anyone can figure out what it is so I can let them know at O'rielly's that would be a big help. I think I may have just gotten the shaft and destroyed some parts since they are plastic. If anyone can tell me how to fix this would help as well. I can not color sand this paint and the whole thing needs sanded down. I could strip/sand the metal parts and start over but I dont know what i could do with the plastic parts????. Sorry for the wall of text just bumbed about this if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...7150/paint.jpg