Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help please Painters
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thank you so much for the reply's freaking out over here. Mitmaks I read the tech sheets and was wondering the same thing. It says to use basemaker and an activator. I went back in to double make sure there was not a screw up and they said I was good to go to mix chromabase 7785s activator reducer in a 1:1 ratio. I just figured he was saving me some money. Even if that was bad info this grey stuff was in the base color before I mixed anything. I even filtered the activator reducer seperatly and nothing was in the filter from that stuff. BarryK I am not blaming dupont for this I realize that the chances of just my paint coming from the plant is slim. If they made a bad batch there would be a crap ton of complaints I could find online. As far as this stuff getting pass a 25 micron filter I dont know. Its extremly fine but its stuck together in chunks. I dont have the tech knowledge of what an amine and iso is so if you could explain further that would be great. This stuff was in the can and i have no idea how it could have ever gotten in there. It was in there before I ever opened the can. I figure it was something mixed incorrect at orielly's since this is not a color straight off the shelf. Dead can i use lacquer thinner to remove this stuff on plastic? Tim thanks for your response I wish I could just sand this down but chromabase will have some serious problems if I do from what I have read. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond I really do appreciate it.

Last edited by jam17150; 07-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.