Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help please Painters
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

You HAVE to use the basemaker.bring your paint down to the store and have them reduce it with a little basemaker (no activetor) and see if it does the same thing...what your reducing it with is for acrilic enamel single stage (if I remember the numbers correctly)..
The only problem with sanding the base off is it clogs the paper too fast..it can be done if you slow the DA down as slow as it can go but its slow and expensive.thinner works like a charm (I've screwd up a few too)..When doing the plastic be quick about it and dont leave the thinner soaked rag on the plastic parts. It shouldnt be any problem getting it off plastic as long as you used a 2K primer.These guys at O'rielys dont know jack about paint,They can bairly order the right parts for your car....I knew they had Nason but its just factory packs here and they dont mix anything themselves.Our store dosent sell Chroma base...I went there one time on a sunday for an emergancy job and got so frustrated with the guy ,i never went back..

Last edited by deadbodyman; 07-22-2012 at 02:53 PM.