Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help with track times
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

its funny, there was a guy who had a ford truck with a 429 CJ built nicely with cam, intake, headers, ignition and a 800 cfm edelbrock, and it did run good...or so he thought...I at the time had a 68 cougar with a 357W about a 400hp build with world products heads 1 3/4 headers weiand stealth intake and a 750 hp series holley... he liked the look of the carb and was astonished at how good it ran and wanted to try my carb, well after several weeks of asking i let him borrow it...HE DIDNT want to give it back... lol and you know I traded a mustang was an 89 for a 79 f-100 with a mild 460 and with msd ignition upgrade and yes I swaped that same 750 hp holley on that truck with 33's ... i did outrun the same mustang in the 1/4 i traded with a TRUCK! >.< whitch did yea it had a edelbrock on it beforehand as well, they are good carbs but you dont see many FAST cars running edelbrock carbs...wonder why?

you have really good heads, decent intake, and you try for gas mileage from an edelbrock? i just i dunno....i wanna be mean but there are so many people that do the same thing....so ill just say to each there own but the proof is in the pudding, if you want to go faster start thinking more of performance than gas mileage...

Id rather use a holley avenger vac secondary series carb than a edelbrock anyday they are really good carbs vac secondary the 770 works really well on 450hp builds.. even as small as 347 cid...and that is TRACK proven performance...