Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help tuning my Edelbrock 600 cfm carb
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need help tuning my Edelbrock 600 cfm carb

I have a Chevy 350, with a cam just big enough not to lose my power breaks (dont know exact specs), dual plane intake, 600 cfm Edelbrock carb w/elect choke (10 years old), elect ignition w/vaccum advance. Car has not been run much other than in my drive way, around neighvborhood, and a few times down a country road jumping on it a few times for a few blocks. Right now I have the timing advanced a bit to keep it from shutting off. When I jump on the gas pedel, it hesitates then kicks in and runs good. I'm being told it needs to be re jetted due to the large cam, one says the eccelorator pump might be bad, which will cause the hesitation. I heard on one blog that the 1406 Edelbrock 600 cfm w/elect choke is set up at manufacturer to get better gas mileage not performance like the 1405 (manual choke) version and that rejeting with 1405 specs did wonders for his car. Does anyone have any suggestions?