Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need help tuning a SBC blower motor
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

The oiling condition that you have experienced is caused by the high depression generated by the supercharger. The blower pumps air all the time and with the throttle closed this creates a high level of depression (vacuum or pressure differential) between the carbs and blower, guess where the PCV is?, especially when you zip the throttle and snap it shut. The catch can is a good option, you will have to monitor the oil level and drain it every so often, also use the right PCV valve. I've been working with GM for several years and have privy to the flow specs for the common PCV's. I don't have the specs on this computer, but can recommend a low flow part number if you need one. Its possible to have too much flow, this will aggravate this condition. You are on the right track by bolstering the baffles and and redesigning the physical layout of the valvecover. Depending on the application sometimes I will just use a pan evac system coupled with a low flow PCV.

Regards, DrHP