Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need help????with tunnelram set-up on sb350..
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 09:24 AM

Last journal entry: nova
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

need help????with tunnelram set-up on sb350..

I have built a 350 sb with a tunnelram. The problem im having is after i start it up and it warms up,it wants to bog when i start to go,and when i put in in gear its wants to cut off at time. now i know alot of you guys are going to say that running a set-up like this aint for the streets but a friend of mine has one and his runs good.,but he cant offer me no advice cause the guy that helped him has moved so im turning to ya''ll. his car is almost the same as mine, both are novas, and we have the same tunnelram from summit with 2-440cfm carbs. but with his, he changed the nozzles in his carbs and changed the accelerator pumps from what came in it to 50cc diaphragms. we both have 64cc heads,mine are cast iron,his are aluminum with the same kind of vaules. he went with a 6oo lift roller hyd cam,i went with a 560 lift roller hyd cam.. after i started the engine i set the timing at 36 total advance ,it will idle perrty good. i have checked my vaccum with the car in gear and it was between 8-9. i changed the power vaules . it had 8.5 so i went with 5.5. i was told that was good. well any help would be great before i start changing parts, here is my set-up.
tunnel-ram with 2-450cfm carbs(rpm range 2800-8000)
hyd-roller cam 288/286-230/230-560/560 lobe 110
part number 12-450-8 comp cam(rpm range 2500-6000)
64cc sportsman heads
flat-tops piston with 4 eyes
high flow fuel pump
msd distributor part#8360
its not skipping ,it just falls on its face when i hit it. even when im running about 50 or 60 it will stummble when i give it mor gas.
thanks robbie