Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need Help!! What Is The Best Bucket Seat For A 55 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 07:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The fact that pre1960's cars are all metal is of course their double edged sword...in some ways safer, unless you get your face smacked on the dash, then you will wish you were in a muscle era car w/padded dash & shoulderbelts. They are in some ways more crush resistant...50's ones anyway, Some would argue that it isn't a hotrod, if it's "that new" [& classic car is maybe the better term even if modified]true hotrods being preww2 cars w/exposed larger motors, swapped from different cars. To me, [my definition of a hotrod] it has to have 3 things; #1 vintage. must be premuscle car era...muscle cars are not hotrods...They infact ruined hotrodding. #2 must be modified. If you restore a old car to anywhere near stock, that is the opposite of making a hotrod. #3 Must be dangerous. I'm not joking. Thats why the image problem going back to the 50's. These cars are SUPPOSED to be unsafe. Hotrodding means removing so called safety equipment, not adding it.
If I wanted safety I'd go chat it up on the Volvo site.
So my I stand by my opinion...If you want seatbelts go buy a car made after 1960 [in GM'S case] but don't go and ruin a classic that can be beautiful restored to stock or modified into a hotrod.
I am now done w/this thread [and anyone putting seatbelts in anything that didn't originally come w/them] & won't respond to it again, even if Chip Carlson & Boyd Foose, both get on here & talk about how they like a benchseat so they can sit close togather & hold hands!