Hot Rod Forum banner

Need Help!! What Is The Best Bucket Seat For A 55 Chevy

41K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Pontiac_Judas 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just bought another 55 Chevy,,,it has a set of racing bucket seats in it now but i want to change them..'im not a big fan for the racing buckets' i already have a 55 with a bench seat so i want to leave some kind of bucket seat in my new 55 for a change,,, My question is what is the best style of bucket that wont look out of place and wont be to hard to get sitting straight,, im thinking 60's model seat but not for sure, what is a good make and year seat you think would look good????? thanks

#27 ·
Bucket Seats

There are many good looking seats out there. Find something you like at a good price. In the cab of a truck you will be able to mount the shoulder/lap combination. In my 57 HT there is no post to mount to so I went with the late model Chevy extra cab with belts built in and they tilt forward to allow access to the rear seat.
Modern seat belts (Not lap belts) are a safety feature that can save your life. What could be a reason not to have them?
Jim

#31 ·
Best Bucket Seats for a 55 Chevy

:thumbup: I have to agree with Jim57. Some 2001 and up Chevrolet and GMC trucks come with bucket seats which will work and include the full seatbelt system so you don't need to make any mods to your car beyond getting the seats in. I have a link somewhere to a site where someone did this exchange. I think it was on the trifivelcom website. Check there. You don't want seats from a four door truck, eg, anything like a suburban, etc. It must be from a 2dr and the seat must fold forward or you run into a pain in the *** to get anyone into the back seat of your Chevy. Seats can be found on ebay for roughly $300 a pair, some, not many, with free shipping within lower 48 states. Or of course you can check your local wrecking yard. Regarding leather seats, most used drivers side leather seats show a lot of wear, so I am just going to order a new set of seat covers, then redo the back seat in a similar pattern and matching leather. One more thing. Bolt the seats to a crossmember or other strong part of the car underneath so the seats don't pull out of the floor in an accident; otherwise you would still be belted in but with a steering wheel imbedded in your chest. Best of luck to you on this. :thumbup:

#32 ·
Also some 2004 and up Ford truck bucket seats have seat belts and shoulder harnesses integrated into them. They also have a console in between the buckets that may prove useful.

#36 ·
Pontiac_Judas said:
There's stilll interest in this info :)

What kind of BWM was it? Year/model?

Thanks!

I forget the model but its a convertible with the back seat, not the 2 seater sports car.

The pic I posted was a 2004 M3.
6 Series convertable also has them.

I just checked eBay for BMW convertibles to see which models had the good seats and then shopped around for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.