Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need a horsepower estimate please
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 PM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Need a horsepower estimate

There is not much else info I can give the crankshaft is a standard length for a 350 as is the bore That I had already described in my original thread. I am just guessing but I think at least 330 to 340 but I wanted the opinion of what I know are a lot of experts in the forum that may have even dynoed engines after putting them together,
Oh yeah we did a little porting and polishing up on the heads, not a profesional job just a little shade tree work done in the shop in front of a airconditioner.
I have an old Mustang rack used in conjuction with the original straight axle. The truck will go a lot faster than I want to drive it with current setup but it sounds good at trafic lights and gets lots of thumbsup.
Any more opinions are really appreciated and a 1/4 mile et and approximate speed will be welcomed also. The truck has a turbo 350 transmission, I don't know the rear gear ratio but from experience it is positraction unit probably 3:53 on the low estimate and 3:73 the lowest.
Thanks

Garrell