Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   Need Hp Rating (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/need-hp-rating-218961.html)

s10mannn 05-03-2012 01:00 PM

Need Hp Rating
 
1990 s10 with 1988 355 bored 0.30 over edelbrock performer rpm intake manifold edelbrock 650 carb comp cams 470 intk 470 exhst 10 bolt 373 hyper pistons 9.3-1 compression full roller rocker arms. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH HP ILL BE PUSHING?

Silver Surfer 05-03-2012 01:22 PM

I'll guess 325.3 HP.

Do you know the intake duration at .050" lift of your cam?

BigEd36 05-03-2012 02:47 PM

Silver Surfer, sounds like his cam is the Magnum 270, 270* advertised duration, 224* @ .050, .470 lift, 110 LSA, 106 ICL

my87Z 05-04-2012 10:49 AM

what heads?

cool rockin daddy 05-04-2012 05:49 PM

My guess is stock heads. 300-325 sounds about right.

s10mannn 05-07-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEd36
Silver Surfer, sounds like his cam is the Magnum 270, 270* advertised duration, 224* @ .050, .470 lift, 110 LSA, 106 ICL


It is the magnum cam

s10mannn 05-07-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my87Z
what heads?


Stock heads with new valves and springs

cobalt327 05-07-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s10mannn
1990 s10 with 1988 355 bored 0.30 over edelbrock performer rpm intake manifold edelbrock 650 carb comp cams 470 intk 470 exhst 10 bolt 373 hyper pistons 9.3-1 compression full roller rocker arms. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH HP ILL BE PUSHING?

Why doncha plug the numbers into Comp Cam's CamQuest and see what it says? :mwink:

Silver Surfer 05-07-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s10mannn
Stock heads with new valves and springs

We have narrowed it down to about 100-200 heads now.

BigEd36 05-07-2012 03:30 PM

I'm gonna agree with cool rockin daddy, I think about 325HP or a little more.

Blazin72 05-07-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s10mannn
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH HP ILL BE PUSHING?

Why do people push their horsepower?

cool rockin daddy 05-08-2012 06:13 AM

OP, this question gets asked time and time again. The real answer is "Who cares?" How fast is your vehicle? What does it do in the quarter? Is there a HP level you must have to do a certain chore around the house?

If you really want to know how much power it makes, dyno it! Race it! Other than that, you're just guessing at a number to throw around at the next bench racing session at the local drive-in.

s10mannn 05-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
OP, this question gets asked time and time again. The real answer is "Who cares?" How fast is your vehicle? What does it do in the quarter? Is there a HP level you must have to do a certain chore around the house?

If you really want to know how much power it makes, dyno it! Race it! Other than that, you're just guessing at a number to throw around at the next bench racing session at the local drive-in.


im asking because im spending about 3,000 on this i only 2,000 right now and im curious. i dont want to wait 2-3 months to dyno it. im 17 years old i dont yet know everything nor make bank to build it in one week and find out next week

cool rockin daddy 05-12-2012 01:03 PM

Wow, yes you are young. Meaning of my post went right over your head.

BarryK 05-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s10mannn
1990 s10 with 1988 355 bored 0.30 over edelbrock performer rpm intake manifold edelbrock 650 carb comp cams 470 intk 470 exhst 10 bolt 373 hyper pistons 9.3-1 compression full roller rocker arms. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH HP ILL BE PUSHING?

I think I can come pretty close, I have dynoed 3 cars in last two months and one time there was a guy there just before me that had a 79 Camaro and he was saying he had about the same set up as you are saying but if I recall his cam was a hair bigger and it did have a little lope to it. but he called it a 383, not a 355- I have no clue the difference.
He ended up at about 245-255 HP, so would assume about a 300 net going through a 5 speed.
He just knew it was going to be 450-500 hp and was pretty pissed, his mistake was listening to his friends guessing HP.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.