Hot Rod Forum banner

need input

762 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  killerformula 
#1 ·
i have a 427 tall deck im putting on a 78 regal. block#10069284heads#14092359 can anyone help me. tryijngnto do a poor man rebuild.the guy said it smoked alil. checked the plugs but none have oil on them, everything else looks ok might have been from a pump rigged up from 0ff of the head.really wanna getr the heads shaved. need input please

#2 ·
top end smoke

I have had old V-8's that had been sitting for a long time smoke upon start up. I was told that the valve seals were probably dried out and allowed oil to seep into the cylinder that would then be expelled when the engine was cranked in the form of smoke. Is your engine smoking all the time or just at start up ? Bud

#4 ·
you won't be getting close to 600hp without seeing a machine shop.just my thoughts.
you could spray the motor and get 600hp 1 time lol.
no but really you will be throwing good money after bad trying to do it half ***.if you don't need it today save the money to do it right the first time and you will be alot happier you did.

#5 ·
Poor man's build? How poor we talkin man?! I dont know how much of a budget you can be on doing a 600 horse big block build. You might be able to get away with doing a slightly upgraded unit that does about 400-500 NA and then spray it for the rest. 600 NA is probably going to run some cost though-

K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.