Hot Rod Forum banner

Need input on titanium rods

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  87442lover 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have been considering titanium connecting rods for a particular engine, but want to get input from those racers who have personal experience with them, whether good or bad.

Can anyone here offer up any input based on actual experience with Ti-rods, in terms of fatigue life, what engine/vehicle application they were in, the brand of Ti-rod, when the rods were made/used, how long used, what the bearing wear and bearing life was like, etc?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

#2 ·
We ran one engine with the t- rods and all I have to say is it's way to expensive for our budget. We got it free with a engine to use to use while waiting for a replacement engine that kept over heating.

We were able to turn it 9600 all night and I could feel that they were there. I don't think our regular engine would have held together that long. We ran a dry slick track that night and I'm sure that would have decreased the throttle response we were getting as well. We saw a difference verses our aluminum rod motor but because of the conditions we are a little skeptical about the price.

We run a sealed engine program so I can't say about the bearings.

#4 ·
Originally posted by j
We ran one engine with the t- rods and all I have to say is it's way to expensive for our budget. We got it free with a engine to use to use while waiting for a replacement engine that kept over heating.

We were able to turn it 9600 all night and I could feel that they were there. I don't think our regular engine would have held together that long. We ran a dry slick track that night and I'm sure that would have decreased the throttle response we were getting as well. ohnsongrass1
We saw a difference verses our aluminum rod motor but because of the conditions we are a little skeptical about the price.

We run a sealed engine program so I can't say about the bearings.
Aluminum rods? Is that possible, and they would'nt hold out very long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.