Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need more help&advice..basics of basics
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Need more help&advice..basics of basics

Well I've been painting trailers&such lately mostly horse trailers.Well I have a ton of trailers lined up to be painted&got a couple of patch panels to be done.Figure I'll keep it simple. Till I get good enough for some bigger jobs.So I have a few questions 1st is Im painting a new white fiberglass camper shell for a truck gold.What do I scuff it with?400 or a 3m pad?&should I primer it?Next not sure if I already asked this or not but is it's okay to add clear to base to make an almost homemade single stage? Next..I've been painting trailers with bc/cc but I see they sell gallons of tractor&implement paint for 29.99 a gallons&they have all of the basic colors so I could really save some $ by using this stuff..what is it lacquer?&what do I need to know before I spray this stuff for the first time?Does it dry fast?
And what is the best thing to clean your gun with to let its sit in overnite?..Sorry so long Ive searched most of this via Google but got mixed results&you guys &another board member are pretty much my teachers&I appreciate you all thanks fellas!