in need of an opinion - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 04:46 PM
*special* member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

actually, i did not buy the car to wrap around the parts, i have the car 6 months before the engine.the engine was a gift, and i figured... since it does make allot of power, and i love creating things and making things fit, why not go for it? it would make a neat show car huh? and i was actually looking for an opinion when i first posted this topic,but since then, i have been on a few other forums and make some blue prints and talked to some professonal mechanics who would like to help me do this cause it will be a very unique car and they want to see how it turns out. and when i first posted this topic, i wanted an opinion on wheather i should put in a 350 chevy, or the srt-4 engine.i never actually got that...i got a bunch of stuff about selling the car of putting a 302 in it. that was not what i was looking for.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

let me get this straight. you want more pep in your 88 mustang so you want to put a dodge srt4 motor in. WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING SON?

AND ITS EASIER BECAUSE IT HAS MORE THREADED HOLES?

this is not something you should realistically be considering. ghettos right sell it find a nice 5.0 5 spd mustang. goto hotrod heaven with that.

if you like chevy why didnt you put money into a chevy?
why put a 4cylinder turbo from dodge when you have the 2.3T avalible?
both when built make similar power? unless you just want a stock srt4 motor in there? then thats not making sense either. just start makin payments on a new srt4. would be cheaper, than fabrication/customization.

i want to leave some of your *** unchewed.
bottom line- YOUR A LITTLE CONFUSED, SLEEP ON THIS ONE!
maybe sell your pieces to recoop your losses

Last edited by spinn; 02-15-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

it will be easier because it has more holes in it, this means i wont have to drill any. and i will NOT sell the car. i have done to much work to it already.

o and also, i know most people do it, but its not motor, its *engine*. the word *motor* comes from Britain and it is technically an electric *motor*. gasoline *engines* should be called *engines*. sorry, but this just bugs me.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

hey punk, i was workin at dealerships before you were born.

you should pickup an english dictionary.

we're in the US, in the US we speak english, english is made up of words from the dictionary,the meanings of the words you use can be found there.

Last edited by spinn; 02-15-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:52 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

hey its not my fault if i am right. doesn't mean you have to get all mad and try to cover up your own ignorance by moving my thread.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Don't get all huffy guys.

Holly-Roller, I saw in another thread where you state that the fastest stock car you have driven is your dad's srt...is this the same engine and if so what happend to your dad's vehicle?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:59 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly-Roller
it will be easier because it has more holes in it, this means i wont have to drill any. and i will NOT sell the car. i have done to much work to it already.

o and also, i know most people do it, but its not motor, its *engine*. the word *motor* comes from Britain and it is technically an electric *motor*. gasoline *engines* should be called *engines*. sorry, but this just bugs me.
Dam, I guess I better start saying enginecycle instead of motorcycle, enginecar instead of motor car. And I better stop using that dam motor oil in my "engine" before I ruin it.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:07 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

the term *motor* is now a widely exepted term in the auto mobile industry. but i garentie you that if you look back far enough, you will fing that i am correct.

and the srt engine is not the one out of my dads vehicle.

Last edited by Holly-Roller; 02-15-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by willowbilly3
Dam, I guess I better start saying enginecycle instead of motorcycle, enginecar instead of motor car. And I better stop using that dam motor oil in my "engine" before I ruin it.
Come on now, he is only 15. This is a good time to help educate him rather than belittle him.

I personally also dislike the use of referencing an engine as a motor but this comes from my line of work and my hobbies. Just a technicallity but it can make a big difference in some circles.

Come to think of it...why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway????????

oh well
Old 02-15-2005, 06:11 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

o and also, spinn. does that say that you are 30? cause if it does, then that means before i was born, you were either 14 or very early 15. now i talked with my dad, and he says that in his day (he's 36) you could be a lot boy at the age of 14.i dont really consider that *working at car dealerships* so that means you were either a lot boy, or you were not working at car dealerships.

and lonestar, i thank you. not sure if you were backing me up or what, but i think you know what your talking about.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Aw, I'm just jabbing a little fun at the kid. I knew 30 years ago the technical difference between engine and motor, but the English language is a living thing and meanings of words change. It's kind of like calling a pickup a truck. It is more of a car than a truck these days but everyone has a big boner for their "truck" and nowdays we have these 4 door "trucks" with the teeny little bed on the back. Now that annoys me some, but not enough to get into a p**sing match with anyone over it.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly-Roller
o and also, spinn. does that say that you are 30? cause if it does, then that means before i was born, you were either 14 or very early 15. now i talked with my dad, and he says that in his day (he's 36) you could be a lot boy at the age of 14.i dont really consider that *working at car dealerships* so that means you were either a lot boy, or you were not working at car dealerships.

and lonestar, i thank you. not sure if you were backing me up or what, but i think you know what your talking about.
I'll back you if you knock of the insults...if not your on your own. Remember that most everyone here has a lot more experience than you and you had better listen.

When you say that the engine already has a lot of bolt holes so you won't need to drill any more, how is it possible that you know they will line up?

Do you have any idea how much work and thought goes into basically re-engineering a vehicle?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:25 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

that i do lonestar, i have re-engineered a few engines myself. try fitting a 454 into an mg, now thats a tough one. however i have recently had a change in heart. my dad just got a 70' chevell and he gave me the 350 out of it. so thats what im now putting in the car.)after i build it of coarse. now spinn, i am willing to try and get along with you, i looked at your profile, you love fender strats? i happen to own an almost mint condition (been played allot but no scratches) 71' fender strat. it is a tobacco brown sun burst.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:28 PM

Last photo:

If you look back I asked a question in regards to the sump locations between a Ford and a GM.

What is the answer?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:28 PM
*special* member

Last photo:

hehe my thread has been unlocked, awsome

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.