Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need opinions on new garage
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 09:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

BEFORE the slab is laid, run lots of PVC chases under the slab. PVC is cheap and easy to run. So much easier/cheaper before the mud goes down.
Stub them up and use cap 'em off. Use them to run wire for lights, air & water after the building is up. You can never have enough lights. check with your local School board - (repository). Our local one sells off lots of great stuff. 4' or 8' flourscent lights $1 each (with bulbs). I picked up an ultrasonic cleaner (big enough for a carb or handgun) for $5. I don't think they knew what it was. I also got some lockers from a GYM. I use them for POL storage.

Locate your compressor AS FAR AWAY from the garage as you can. (noise conflicts with stereo.)

Setup motion detectors 4'-5' up the wall. A dog/cat won't set them of, but an upright(unwanted) person will set it off.

Leave the phone out of the garage, get used refrig (big-boy sodas). Get a used portable dishwasher. Use it (instead of the one in the house) to clean parts - Cheap and works great!

Hang the speakers from the ceiling, they won't take up workspace.

49 T&C

[ January 23, 2003: Message edited by: 49 T&C ]</p>