Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Garage - Tools (
-   -   Need a part for an air compressor (

bigdog7373 01-22-2011 04:51 PM

Need a part for an air compressor
I have the same air compressor as the one in the pic. I got it for free but it needs a part that i cant find anywhere. It is the t piece that comes out of the tank and connects to the compressor and regulator. In the pic if u look at the pic, if you look at the first gauge, its under it on the side of the tank. You can see a copper tube going into it. Its a central pneumatic. Anyone know where i can get this part?

joe_padavano 01-22-2011 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by bigdog7373
Anyone know where i can get this part?

Yeah, a well-stocked hardware store. It looks like a standard T fitting with a 45 deg flare. Heck, even the plumbing department at Lowes has them. I can't tell what's on the RH outlet - is that where the hose connects? You might need to get an adapter to the NPT threads on the hose.

bigdog7373 01-22-2011 05:53 PM

Nothing connects to the right side. Just the top and left side. The thing is that the hose that connects to the top is male and half the size of the pipe that connects to the left, which is female.

joe_padavano 01-22-2011 07:55 PM

So all you need is an elbow? Again, spend some time in the plumbing department. Adapters are easy.

bigdog7373 01-23-2011 12:49 PM

Its not an elbow. Theres 3 inlets. I from the compressor, one to the tank, and a small one to the pressure regulator.

matt167 01-23-2011 01:08 PM

I had to look on my simmilar Central Pneumatic compressor ( 1 size bigger ) to look at the fitting. and there is a small copper tubing going into it for the unloader, and then what I think is 3/8" inverted flare going to the regulator. the other side is capped off and looks to be 3/8" NPT.. between the hardware store and the auto parts store in the brake fittings section, you should be able to make up what you need... you could get the P/N and search HF's website and order the part. probably cost a couple bucks but it'll have to come off the boat, so it would take a while

bigdog7373 01-23-2011 01:48 PM

Thank you. K think i maight me able to rig something up.

Old Fool 01-23-2011 04:48 PM

Use a tee with fitting adapters

bigdog7373 01-24-2011 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by Old Fool
Use a tee with fitting adapters

Good idea! Dont know why i never thought of that.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.