Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need a ruler...decimal-inch
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale
I re-upholstered some furniture for my wife, (before we were married) I used a drafting trammel to get the curves just right and drew the stitch lines on the back also. I had all my pieces listed on my note paper. I had bought one of those cheap sewing kits at walmart that had a needle threader, cloth tape thread. etc. and had it in a drawer in the sewing table. I picked up the cloth tape to check the pieces to lay them out to start sewing and they did not match the notes I had made when doing the layout. THE INCH LAYOUT ON THE TAPE WAS OFF ABOUT 20 %. I took a second look and said those curves are more than (x) inches apart. Metric side was ok.
Reminds me about when we were installing a big GT power plant in Korea(Seoinchon). Everything was in inches, etc. The Korean foundation labor force was issued a dual tape measure - oops!! The metric side was 100% correct, the metric side - I never had seen an inch broken down into FIVE quarters. That contractor had a lot of rework at his expense .

Dave W