Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need a ruler...decimal-inch
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Let's just forget about the measuring tool you use for a minute and look at your problem or possible problem. What makes you think you have a problem with your body stucture? And I have to tell you that everything you need can be done without those specs. Most often simply cross measuring will tell you everything you need.

Brian
Brian,

Thanks. I've read a bunch of stuff you've written here. It's great, however my choices a while back make that not the best choice right now.

About 12 years ago I made the decision to replace the rusted through rear frame rail in my '66 mustang coupe. So naturally I attacked it with a sawall, then ordered a replacement rail. Yup... brilliant move on my part... first of many I assure you. So after 10 years or so (and several moves), I wanted to actually finish it.

If I was starting now and knew that the other rail wasn't tweaked, I'd just use that as a reference, but with it being moved (once with a front loader, thanks to farmer Ray), I'm not confident that the other hasn't been. I wanted to take the measurements, not only diagonally, but along the other axis as well.

Thanks,

Mike