Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need to run long length of pipe from air compressor
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001mustang
That is a good drawing. I like the exaggerated slope.

The lines should be sloped as much as practical to assure water is actually drained. I have seen specs of 1/4" per foot which can lead to water build up like previous poster said.

I prefer to slope line to compressor to assure that OIL as well as water drains into compressor tank.

One problem I saw with the drawings is the first leg from compressor outlet is not sloped and the pressure gauge (PI) is susceptible to flooding. A flooded PI will surely get freeze damaged if ambient temp drops below freezing. Must mount PI above water level.
A little more here. Up here in N.E. Wisconsin it can get to 20 below, and I have had it below freezing in the garage.

The compressor kicks in around 125 psi and out at 175 psi. I always have 125 or over on it below freezing or not, never a problem.

I don't know how many have looked at the drawing, but it doesn't have any dessicant cannisters or air dryers, its pretty basic and not that expensive to put up, although time consuming, once its in you forget it, clean dry air.

Rob

http://www.1969supersport.com