Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need Some Advice Before Shooting FeatherFill G2!!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Dont you use bondo ,tech??? What situation would anyone ever need that much fill??? I will say one good quality it has,it dont shrink...at all.....Today I was at the paint store and saw feather fill in a 4:1 mix ratio ..must be new....maybe its easier to sand now too...I know they've changed the formula a few times since used it last ...
A lot of top restoration shops use it and my bodywork is fine. We're talking to take care of stuff your hand can't feel, and hand feel is for dealing with mudwork. Straightening beyond that comes from primer. My work is as straight as anyones and you can get there quicker with featherfill. By the time the straightening is done, if you know what you're doing, most of the primer is on the floor and it's not excessively thick. Topcoating it with a 2k gives it a pliable surface for rock chips. So in a sense you're right but you'll get that better end result much quicker implementing a poly primer in your early primer apps.