Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need Some Advice Before Shooting FeatherFill G2!!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastomeh
Guys,

I didn't mean to "poke the bear"!!

I am just looking to shoot some Polyester and long board blocking it to mainly help straighten/flatten some panel "rolls/waves". I thought that Poly would be easier and faster than "spread-on" filler. I've already filled and feathered the low "spots' and "dents".

HELP!!!!

Tom
If your not using bondo and poly putty for that type of work and
If your set on using it ,go ahead .We call it spray bondo,over here..the guys that have used it and like it have told you about everything you need to know,bigger tip size and thinning will be your biggest help but be double sure to get the ratio right when mixing and be sure to tape everything up well as you would with any primer (overspray is tough to clean up with any primer) and a guide coat before blocking will be your savior...
Maybe you should have asked :whats the best primer to use before you bought the feather fill ,not many of us like it or need that kind fill power But I gotta say I remember when I thought it was great too,about 30 yrs ago,until everyone started having problems with it.
Anyways,if you have epoxied it then done your filler work you should epoxy it again before putting any other kind of primer on ,thats how the pros do it for the best results.and use a wax& grease remover every time you get ready to spray anything...Back when we used it we started blocking it with 80grit because it sanded so hard,I dont know what they start blocking it with these days...That would be a big help for you to know too.
I'm assuming your doing a whole car,doing one or two panels is a little different..

Last edited by deadbodyman; 05-19-2011 at 07:16 AM.