Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some advice with gauges
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilyrascal View Post
This is what I plan to do as well, have you seen though which gauges need to be in this loop, there are 4 gauges, oil, temp, alt, and fuel, I have read somewhere that only 3 need to have this CVR added to the equation but it did not say which three.

I also still do not know on what side this CVR needs to be on, is it the sensor side or the hot side ( or batter ) Thanks for the digging, it really takes someone that is electrically intuitive to be able to sift thru all of the non pertaining matter.

I guess the CVR itself needs to be grounded??? I am just guessing trying to come up with a plan for mounting it, maybe it needs no ground since it is enclosed in that small aluminum case and mounts to a plastic panel originally. Just guessing
The CVR shouldn't need grounding- it's just a sort of resistor so all that needs to happen is current to pass through it.

It goes on the hot side to reduce the 12VDC down to 5VDC.

I don't know which gauge gets left out. But if I had to guess, I'd say the fuel gauge.