Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some advice with gauges
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It will seem as if I am leaving out bits and pieces here maybe but that is because I am finding out ( I am not overly computer savvy ) that many of my questions have been already answered within this thread and I did not realize that they were answered because I did not see that if I clicked on that one particular word that was highlighted it led me to a whole different forum where same questions have been asked and already answered.

Anyway Ok I DO need a CVR and this is it I am going to ground it I guess, as was mentioned it cannot hurt any.

If I am understanding correctly I need this CVR for all gauges except the Alt gauge, sound right ?

I see big Cliffs explanation of how the power needs to flow thru the gauges.........It will make a difference witch wire is on the positive see if one post has a plus or minis or one is gold and one silver or look at the bottom of the gauge way the needle will move the way the currant will flow to make the needle move,............as a good explanation and makes sense to me and so I will look at it this way.

I have a question though on grounding, Pat mentions grounding the gauges, the way I have the gauges set up within my 52 instrument cluster there is no provision for ground, so I need clarification on how to ground these.

Is it safe to assume that the gauges are grounded thru their metal case so all I need to do is run a jumper wire from case to case and then to a known good ground?

I am still working on my fuel tank sending issues but I am curious, how is the sending unit grounded, is it grounded as soon as its bolted to the tank, I ask because alot of these tanks seem to sit on rubber cushions so that has me confused. Thanks again guys, I am amazed at how much I have learned in such a short time thru this and one other forum.