Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some advice with gauges
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
The older Mustang style CVR with the threaded studs might be easier to use than the snaps, but you could solder some wires or scrounge the connectors from something that requires a 9 V , battery if they are the same size. Is the copper colored piece on your CVR actually a ground connection. The other colored dots are probably verification quality controll marks for elect test good, mechanical crimps, etc. When I was working in the electronics industry we used to use hot melt glue to secure larger components to circuit boards, just the soldered wire leads would not hold in a vibration- drop test.
Hello, thanks fo responding, you would enjoy this thread better than I ICVR Thoughts & Observations - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums I think you are following my threads over there and what I have learned in the past week or so on this internet would have possibly taken me years to learn the old fashioned way but this thread gets waay to technical for me.

I still do not know what the I stands for when they reference ICVR?

I do not know what the copper colored deal is but thanks for pointing it out to me, it has given the the chance to look at it and I do believe now it is, regardless I planned to ground the unit just cause I have more faith in what others have told me than the bits I know.

I still would be interested in learning though how the heck this thing is originally grounded, it is screwed into the back of a plastic instrument cluster, I asked this and this is the response I received .......... If you look closely you will see that the later one mounts to the plastic through a bare place on the printed circuit. The older ones grounded through the metal shell of the instrument panel............I have no idea what he is meaning here and I dont want to continue pushing the question because everyone thinks differently and it may be taken as Im second guessing or something so not worth it.