Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some help
Thread: Need some help
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:42 AM
383!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The fuel pump is good, its a newer (6 months) in-tank tbi fuel pump. (truck used to be tbi) I have the pressure regulated to 7psi. I can see in the clear filter that the fuel is good and the fuel gauge shows a strong 7psi

As for the ignition I have a MSD street fire hei distributor and MSD street fire ignition box so i don't have and ignition module anymore. The coil seems to be firing fine, I have a clear distributor cap and can see that all 8 cylinders are getting a nice bright, strong spark. Now I know my wires are not the best, if you look under the hood at night you can see all but 2 cylinders are sparking in the boots at the spark plugs. I haven't gotten around to changing the wires but they've done this for almost a year now and this stalling problem is brand new.

From a dead stop when I floor the engine I break the rear tires loose and it seems to pull fine. I tried doing a stall test in 2wd but as soon as I got to half throttle it would start burning the tires. I retried the stall test in 4wd with all the tires blocked and at full throttle the tach read 2300-2500 so I think the torque converter is working. But when I brake torque with about quarter throttle it bogs down and dies unless I throw it in neutral real quick.

Sorry for the novel.